Monday, August 29, 2011

Hollyhocks Blooming in South Florida

Geranium in my front yard that I used for color inspiration
Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost Labor Day!  Where has the summer gone?  Mine has been spent focusing on my 9-5 job.  Actually more like 7 - 6 but that's okay because I really love it!  In my spare time I have been working on adorable little blocks from Jeana Kimball's A Cottage Garden.  Here is the latest installment ; my interpretation of a Hollyhock. 

Hollyhock block from Jeana Kimball's A Cottage Garden pattern
 All the embroidery is done using 50 weight sewing thread.   This is an online class and we receive our patterns on the first of each month.  I can't wait to see what September 1st brings!

I also have my main sewing machine back and working so I spent part of the weekend trying to finish my Blue Moon quit kit by Charlotte Angotti.  My 830 had been feeling poorly and my local dealer closed it's doors in May.  I took me a bit but I finally found an excellent Bernina dealer, Sew Studio in Naples, Florida.  The repair person, Ken, is a retired US Air Force aviation electronics technician and an absolute whiz with machines!  Not only did my machine work perfectly when I brought it home, it looked brand new!  Ken even polished the foot control so it looked as if it has never been used!  Of course, I had to do a little shopping while I was there.  The fabric selections were gorgeous.  All new fabrics, tons of batiks, backgrounds, blenders, prints, etc.    I highly recommend to my applique friends!

Until next time...

Best stitches,
Mercy in Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment