Monday, April 26, 2010

The most INCREDIBLE quilt - Sandra Leichner's new masterpiece!

Hi gang!
I'm an thrilled Sandra gave permission to post a copy of her newest quilt, Tea With Miss D., so that I could share with all of you.  Last summer I recommended her blog to my readers.  If you haven't checked it out since, please do so.  She has posted detailed shots that will take your breath away.  When viewing, keep in mind that the small roses are the size of a DIME!  That means the tiny leaves are much smaller than a dime!  They are all needle turned and the points are PERFECTLY tapered.

http://sandraleichner.com/wordpress/2010/04/26/some-more-detail-shots-of-tea-with-miss-d/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sandraleichner+%28Sandra%27s+Snippets%29

I have learned so much from her posts. I will post before and after shots of my hand applique stitch soon as part of a future post on How to Setup a Test that demonstrates the improvement in my work directly related to reading her tips and tricks.  Her book, with the pattern for this quilt, is scheduled for publication October 5th, 2010.  I can't wait!

http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Appliqu%C3%A9-Embroidery-Sandra-Leichner/dp/1574326775/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272285926&sr=8-1

Enjoy browsing her blog!

Best Stitches,
Mercy in Miami
aka The Savage Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment