Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fabric Folding Fun - No Origami Experience Required


Here I am attempting to fold one of THREE pieces of PERFECT background fabric. I had just pulled it out of the dryer and asked Jim to help me. He agreed to help but only if I let him take a photo. It took him a while to get the shot because at first he was laughing so hard he couldn’t look through the viewfinder. Then I had to wait for him to find the wide angle lens. Then I had to wait for him to laugh some more. Anyway, one end is by the front door and I’m up on the first landing. The fabric stretches across the dining room, living room and up the stairs. Feel free to contact me if you can recommend a tractor trailer slip cover pattern that doesn’t have any buttons or a zipper – you know how I hate to sew!

Oh boy, the second class of the Baltimore BOM is this Saturday and I only have about a third of the leaves stitched, Yikes! I do have an excellent excuse – work – you know that thing to do so that you can have enough money to do what you REALLY like to do. It’s been crazy and the only way I could catch up was putting in extra hours in the evenings and on weekends – my prime time stitching hours. But I have good news and I have better news. My employer is graciously awarding me COMP time in exchange for my extra hours AND I will be putting these hours to good use by traveling to scenic Lakeland, Florida to take 3 days of classes with Sharon Schamber . Yippee! She and Diane Gaudynski are my quilting inspiration. I’m taking a second class with Diane next year but that’s a story for a different blog.

As of this week I caught up at work (so back to my usual 50-60 hours a week) and have been happily working on my projects. Jim promised to take some photo for me this weekend so I can share them with you along with tips on Over Under Appliqué (for our Opportunity Quilt) and Split Leaves (for the Baltimore BOM).


Until next time, happy stitching!
Mercy in Ft. Lauderdale


Aka The Savage Quilter


Join the appliqué journey http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TropicalApplique/

No comments:

Post a Comment